The QAV-X a.k.a. CHARPU FPV racing quadcopter is a symmetrical X, light weight, super stiff, finely tuned airframe designed for high performance FPV Drone Racing. This version features the ultra-durable 4mm carbon fiber main unibody plate.
The QAV-X features a unique FPV camera and HD mounting system. The FPV camera is recessed partially below top plate and protected by the top cross bar, guarding your electronics. At the same time, the camera side walls act as an angled wedge to set your HD camera on for recording, such as a GoPro, at a 35 degree angle. No need to 3D print custom mounts to angle up your camera anymore, just securely strap down your camera and fly!
*Gopro camera not included
The top plate includes an accessory antenna extension plate, allowing for multiple cable ties to lock down your antenna in place. No more damaging the SMA connection on your VTX. The top plate also has a cutout allowing access to your VTX button and LED displays for easy channel adjustment. The balancing bumps on the sides of the top plate make it easy to measure the center of gravity on your frame in the field to get the perfect balance.
Each kit includes a carbon fiber battery protector plate. The airframe is designed to strap a LiPo battery to the bottom, leaving the battery exposed during a hard landing or crash. Use this included plate to wrap underneath the battery, sandwiching the pack between the main plate and protector plate. Additionally, you can use the included Neoprene foam to create a landing pad on the bottom of the battery protector plate. This will help keep the airframe upright during take off and landings.
The airframe comes with high quality aluminum hardware. All screws are premium, black oxide steel. The spacers have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe. The spacers are also 28mm tall vs the standard 35mm. This gives the airframe a sleek, low profile look.
The QAV-X kit enables mounting of small FPV cameras such as the Runcam Swift in a fully encased assembly which protects the FPV camera during crashes and enables pointing the FPV camera at a wide variety of viewing angles.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe featuring a solid 4mm main plate.
- Dual purpose FPV and HD camera mounting solution.
- Compact size for 5" propellers, 214mm motor to motor.
- Black Oxide steel screws
- Easy grip black anodized spacers
- Multiple motor mounting holes to fit a variety of motors (M3 and M2 screw mounting patterns).
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, just like the QAV250.
- LiPo battery protection plate included.
- Designed around popular 26mm sized cams in cases such as the Runcam Swift or HS1177.
- Support to carry HD camera at 35 degree angle(such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, etc).
- Lightweight and rigid
- Airframe: 88g (airframe + hardware), 93g (with battery protector plate).
- 1x QAV-X CHARPU Carbon Fiber airframe kit (4mm)
- 4mm carbon fiber unibody main plate
- 1.5mm carbon fiber top plate
- 1.5mm carbon fiber antenna plate
- 2x 1.5mm carbon fiber camera sidewall plates
- 1x 1.5mm HD camera mounting plate
- 1x 1.5mm Battery protector plate
- 1x Set of black steel screws and aluminum hardware including knurled spacers
- 1x set 6mm black polyamide spacers / screws for flight controller