The best option for small to mid sized FPV Racing Drones.
The CC3D Copter Control board is an all-in-one stabilization hardware which runs the OpenPilot firmware. It can fly any airframe from fixed wing to an octocopter and is configured and monitored using the OpenPilot Ground control station (GCS) software.
OpenPilot is an ideal platform for researchers and hobbyists working on aerial robotics or other mobile vehicular platforms where stabilization and guidance are required. OpenPilot brings the cost down to reasonable prices so people can focus on developing and refining applications rather than paying the extremely high prices of most commercial offerings, or having to do ‘from the ground up’ hardware development.
CopterControl introduces a new generation of multi-purpose aircraft stabilization platforms. The CopterControl platform has been designed from the ground up to perform the following functions:
- a MultiRotor controller with auto-level, including TriCopters, QuadCopters and HexaCopters
- a Flybarless Helicopter controller with auto-level
- a Fixed Wing UAV controller
- Powerful STM32 32-bit microcontroller running at 90MIPs with 128KB Flash and 20KB RAM
- 3-axis high-performance MEMs gyros and 3-axis high-performance MEMs accelerometer
- Tiny 36mmx36mm 4 layer PCB for superior electrical noise reduction and flight performance.
- Software support for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Direct high speed USB support with no drivers required, a truly plug and play device.
- Spektrum satellite receiver support
- Futaba S-BUS hardware support
- Innovative Flexi-port technology for superior port flexibility
- 4Mbits on-board EEPROM for configuration storage
CopterControl also offers the innovative Flexi-port which provides either I2C connectivity or a second serial port. Flexi-port gives CopterControl the flexibility to use either I2C and a single serial port or dual serial ports, according to your connectivity needs.
Superior user experience
We have tried to make your experience with OpenPilot as easy and trouble-free as possible. Naturally for a high-end product, the hardware is complete; there is nothing to solder. The included RC harness allows you to connect any standard PWM receiver. All CopterControl boards are tested before shipping and come with bootloader already flashed. A standard mini-USB cable is used to load the latest firmware and configure everything for your unique air-frame.
The OpenPilot project, whist still young, it trying to make Open Source much more user friendly. OpenPilot software is designed to be used by everybody! All major operating systems are supported and install packages are provided. The software is all Free software under the GPLv3 license and not only are you welcome to hack it, but we encourage it!
Everything you need
You won’t need to buy add-on boards or extra chip programmers. While it may be common practice among other projects to nickel and dime for extra parts or sell unfinished hardware to make a profit, the OpenPilot project simply believes in providing superior hardware at the lowest possible cost.
Don’t be fooled by the price. CopterControl provides comparable functionality to other high-end autopilots at a small fraction of the cost. Commercial projects will charge what they can get away with, regardless of quality or features. The non-profit OpenPilot project is different. Consider getting involved and helping us progress.
1 x CC3D Flight Controller.
1 x 8 plug wire.
2 x 4 plug expansion path.
1 x Flight controller case.
For more information please visit the Open Pilot Project Wiki