The QAV-R FPV racing drone airframe is a light weight, super stiff, finely tuned airframe designed for high performance FPV Drone Racing. The airframe implements 4mm thick removable arms and supports 4 inches propellers. The QAV-R comprises a number of highly specialized components for the FPV Drone Racer.
*The pdb is optional.
The QAV-R quad deploys and improves the removable center X arm position made popular in pro pilot circles by the Alien racing quad and further refines the popular center section of the QAV210/180 with a number of key innovations. To enable extremely fast arm changeovers in race pit settings, the QAV-R frame implements custom developed, precision machined aluminum mounting hardware. This hardware allows a pilot to remove an arm by removing 3 screws from the bottom of the airframe without the need to worry about holding nuts or other hardware on the inside of the airframe. One 2mm Allen tool is all that is needed to completely remove an arm within seconds. The version 2 has an extra bottom plate for extra toughness but it is optional. The custom aluminum hardware also stiffens the frame core and eliminates the need for captive nuts that would have to be press fit into the Carbon Fiber. No structural connection is made between the arm fasteners and the power distribution board to avoid shorts during severe crashes.
The airframe comes with all Aluminum hardware. All screws are premium, black oxide steel. The long aluminum spacers are also anodized black and, for the first time, have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe.
Like the QAV210/180, the QAV-R kit enables mounting of small FPV cameras such as the Runcam Swift in a fully encased assembly which protects the FPV camera during crashes and enables pointing the FPV camera at a wide variety of viewing angles.
This frame size will accept maximum 4-inch propellers.
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe featuring a solid 1.5mm main plate and 4mm removable arms
- Custom aluminum hardware to enable one tool, quick swapping of arms in race pit settings
- Multiple motor mounting holes to fit a variety of motors (M3 and M2 screw mounting patterns).
- "Bumpers" on the end of the arms to protect the motor during a crash, just like the QAV250.
- The flight controller cover plate includes cutouts for SMA/RP-SMA connector and video transmitter as well as a holder for the XT-60 Lipo pig-tail.
- Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a 1300mah 3 or 4s)
- Support for 32mm board cams as well as 26mm cams in cases such as the Runcam Swift
- Support to carry HD camera (such as the GoPro 4, Mobius, or GoPro Session)
- Airframe: 126g (airframe + hardware).
- 1x QAV-R 210 Carbon Fiber airframe
- 4x 4mm Carbon Fiber Arms for 4-inch propellers
- 1x Board camera mount
- 1x 26mm camera mount
- 1x Set of black steel screws and aluminum hardware including spacers
- 1x Set of EVO foam landing pads
A power distribution board can be added to your frame, just choose an option fro the drop down menu at the right of the product pictures.